Saturday, August 29, 2009

Morning ashes

I received this from a friend this morning, right after I returned from the morning briefing. It was at zero six hundred hours! Wasn't bad — it was an opportunity to see a sunrise. I haven't done that since I was in school and didn't go to sleep until noon.

So I offer this through from my friend, Star:

Wildfires

Ashes fill the August sky, like snow flakes falling upon the rooftops of mortals who are too fond of living close to the ground. The streets and plazas abound with mortals who view the spectacle of smoke and ash and fears and prayers in the dramatic play of the theater of their collective lives.

The smoke glows red, preventing the light of a billion stars.

I thought of the spring that follows this procession of days…and I foresaw the first green sprig to rise up out of the blackened soil. A sprig of a life force that cannot be suppressed by flood or fire or calamity imposed by men or gods or galaxies. Be it the emergence of the humble dandelion or the epiphany of the sacred lotus, somehow I know that all of the science and myth and religious truths declare that from the seed of this one sprig can engender all of other life…. and you… and me… and all of our dreams that, at the same time, are wild and wonderful as the August fire.

A.Star August 29, 2009 6am

No comments:

Post a Comment

report blog violators